The farther east you go, the better the views get. Getting away from the city core and up on one of its many vistas allows you to see almost the entire city on a clear day. What better backdrop than the entire city? Turn around and head further east to visit the sprawling campus of Edgefield and enjoy one of our favorite craft beers between sessions (Hello, Ruby!). For the really adventurous, you can work your way up to Mt. Hood and see all that the Pacific North West has to offer and in the winter months there is even snow!
Rocky Butte Park
- On clear days, the entire city can be seen from the summit
- Old brickwork and stairways have a great rustic castle feel
- Small grassy area with little shade.
- Multiple forested trails a short walk away
- On clear days this can get crowded with others looking for that perfect shot
- Massive property with multiple locations to choose from
- Vineyard with rows of plants
- Quirky, decorative buildings
- Great combination of open and shaded areas
- Pet friendly outdoor pub for refreshments
- Pretty far away
- Great outdoors